An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



Playing the Building | New York Times Video


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...






Spent this Fathers Day afternoon with my wonderful husband, exploring David Byrne's (former Talking Heads co-founder) latest project called "Playing the Building".  David Byrne has transformed an entire NYC building into a giant musical instrument.  The exhibit is located in the Battery Maritime Building at 10 South Street.  It is a sound installation which is connected to an old organ in which devises are attached to the buildings structure to produce sound.  You go inside the building and the physical plant of the building becomes a musical instrument - metal beams, pillars, heating pipes and water pipes.  It's interesting to experience but not that easy to explain, you should really go see for yourself.  It continues through August 10th, every Friday - Sunday from 12-6 and admission is free.
Click on below link to hear it
David Byrne's Playing the Building | New York Times Video


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives