An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



another hat


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





One of the best ways to increase the value of your home is to upgrade your kitchen and bathrooms.  There is nothing that dates a home more than that 70's look.  Today after years of thinking and a few weeks of planning, I embarked upon renovations of 2 bathrooms in my home.  Basically, I've taken on the responsibilities of the general contractor (the "gc",) that means making decisions at Home Depot, hiring electricians, plumbers and the demo man as well as carpenters and tile installers.  Already I have a new found respect for contractors and realize how truly difficult it is to coordinate all the parts of a job which is especially so with a small job.  Now, over the next few weeks I will be posting some pictures and comments about the progress of the job.  Hopefully you can learn from my mistakes and benefit from my experience.  One of the first steps (aside from getting some inspiration from design idea's) is selecting the tiles.  I started with Home Depot Expo (very high end but not helpful unless you hire their designers), went on to regular Home Depot (in Jersey City, Secaucus and North Bergen), Lowes and eventually Standard Tile in Jersey City which was where I ended up getting the most help and purchased my tiles. (you need to know the exact amount to order, type of trim, color coordinated grout, delivery schedule for the workers, etc).  For all you girls out there, I don't need to tell you, the biggest obstacle and even though I love him a lot, is my husband....He had to have that special bathtub (4 hours later and 3 stores later, I found it!)


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives