An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



Empire State Building - fun facts


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...























I took a walk on the Steven's campus in Hoboken today and took some time to admire the beautiful view, in particular of the Empire State Building which has a lot of interesting history.
The idea for the Empire State Building was conceived during the real estate boom of the 1920's but by the time it was finished, it was a struggle to find tenants. The building was officially opened in 1931 by President Herbert Hoover. It is once again the "tallest" building in NYC.
The cost was $40,948,900 including the land. There are 73 elevators moving thru 7 miles of shafts.

Now for the part related to Hoboken.....if you ever look at this building from Hoboken and wonder what the different colors of lights mean and would like to know more about the history and lighting schedule of upcoming light themes, go to
http://www.esbnyc.com/tourism/tourism_lightingschedule.cfm
They didn't even use color lights until 1976 which were red, white and blue in celebration of the American Bicentennial.


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives