An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



strong rental market


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...














I listed 4 rental units this week (3 in Hoboken and 1 in Weehawken). All 4 have been rented. (Took pictures but didn't even have time to make a flyer).
Prices vary when it comes to rentals. You don't really see them listed on the Hudson County MLS as landlords don't have to list exclusively with one particular office. They give it to a few offices and take whatever office rents it first. My listings included:
2 bedroom/2 bath with parking in Hoboken: $2500
1 bedroom/1 bath in Hoboken: $1275 (included heat and hotwater, I had 3 parties place an offer on this unit)
1 bedroom plus small "other" room in Hoboken: $1375 (included heat and hotwater)
1 bedroom on Blvd East in Weehawken: $1450 (included heat and hotwater)

Price varies depending on location, proximity to transportation, type of amenities included(laundry, gym, parking, elevator vs walk-up, terrace or outdoor space, air conditioning, etc), any utilities that are included, new vs old building, condition of apartment & common areas and size of apartment.

I expect the rental market to continue to be strong for a few reasons. There are a lot of recent college graduates looking for rentals as they are starting new jobs in NYC but can't afford the NYC rents. Higher home prices are creating less buyers and more renters. There has been a lot of rental buildings converting to condo's (ie., Hudson Tea Building), causing the supply to decrease. And we are experiencing very low vacancies in general at this time along with a much greater demand, which will probably lead to an increase in the rental prices.


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives