An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



Hudson Bergen Light Rail


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...
















What is the light rail and why was it so important to have one in Hudson County?
The light rail is an electrically powered transit system put in place as an alternative commuting option. Some people compare it to an earlier time when trolley cars moved through the local streets. In this densely populated area, particularly in the vicinity of the Hudson River crossings, a system had to be put in place to try to relieve congestion and to support the development along the Hudson River.
Currently there active stations in the following cities - North Bergen (1), Union City (1), Weehawken (2), Hoboken (3), Jersey City (13), Bayonne (3)
If you haven't experienced it yet, go take a ride on the light rail, you can get a schedule and more detailed information on the NJ Transit website
http://www.njtransit.com/sf_lr.shtml


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives