An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



Sixth Street Embankment, Jersey City


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...





The Sixth Street Embankment , a former Conrail railroad embankment, is a stone elevated structure which runs along 6th Street in downtown Jersey City. It has been approved by Jersey City City Council as a historic landmark destination which will now prevent developer Steve Hyman (who had purchased it for $3 million) from his plans of building many 2 family homes there. It is now planned as open space or a park due to the efforts of advocates for open space in Jersey City. The section north of the Embankment is Hamilton Park and the section south is referred to as Harsimus Cove. A hundred years ago, the residents of the brick rowhouses across the street from the Embankment had to deal with the constant sound of the steam locomotives going by carrying produce and live cattle from the Pennsylvania Railroad. Times have really changed, now these same homes are being sold in some cases for over $800,000 (I've shown a few of these recently to potential buyers).


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives