An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



Meadowlands Xanadu


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...








While driving around on this New Year's Day, my husband and I stopped to get a glimpse of the progress of the Meadowlands Xanadu. For those of you who are not familiar with this project, Xanadu, is planned to be an amazing complex going up at the Meadowlands Sports Complex - a 4.8 million square foot entertainment destination consisting of sports, leisure, shopping, retail, office and hotel space. The main attraction is an indoor snow facility, the first of its kind in the USA. The snow dome is supposed to be approx 140 sq ft tall and over 160,000 sq ft of cold area offering a year round experience to skiers as well as a separate area for snow boarders. This part of Northern NJ (w/i 5 miles of NYC) has often been referred to as "swampland", but when this complex is complete, that is going to change! Expected completion was said to be Fall of 2008 but it looks like they still have quite a ways to go. Next time you are near the Meadowlands, or route 120, take a look and you can see the beginnings of this new destination.


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives