An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



Staging (ASP)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




I took a staging course this week (along with 4 other agents from my office) and became an Accredited Staging Professional (ASP). The entire class (50 of us), actually staged a real home on the last day of the class. It was like a reality show, breaking up into teams and totally changing someones house. The course taught us the basics of staging as well as the importance of using this service when you are selling your home. In a slower market, homes that are staged definitely sell faster and for more money than homes that are not staged. What is staging? Well, it's not decorating. Decorating or design is personalizing, staging is de-personalizing for an unknown buyer. Staging is more than lights, flowers and music. It is an objective and professional assessment of a house's strengths and challenge areas, and offers solutions to help buyers like what they see. While there are no guarantees that a staged home will sell for more money, statistics do show than a staged home can generate more buyer interest. I've seen it firsthand make a difference while showing properties. Last week I showed 2 units that were completely vacant. We went back to see the same properties this week as they were now staged and it definitely made a difference in my buyers reaction to these places. My listing at 2 Constitution (3 br/2.5ba) was staged by Karen Parziale. Karen is also a certified Feng Shui Consultant. She did an amazing job staging this unit, check out her website for more information on her company http://www.therealestatestagingstudio.com/.


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives