An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



Labor Day, 125 years of progress?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




Labor Day then, Labor Day now

I found out that the original Labor Day holiday was formed in celebration of the new modern, lifestyle which included 8 hours of work, 8 hours of recreation and 8 hours of sleep. That was in 1882, now one hundred and twenty five years later, we have 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work and 8 hours of fiddling with our home phones, cell phones, e-mails, instant messaging, faxes, blackberrys, text messaging, the mobile web, googling and blogging. It's great to be the recipient of all that wonderful progress, enjoy this holiday weekend and please leave those buttons alone and relax.


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives