An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



save the swallows


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




The NJ Meadowlands Commission has plans to install 500 tree swallow nest boxes in the Meadowlands in an attempt to keep the little metallic blue and white birds in the area. Last week, about 20 boxes were installed along the shoreline at the Mill Creek Marsh in Secaucus (see picture). Every year they add more boxes. Tree swallows thrive in wetlands. A lack of suitable nest sites can limit the population of the tree swallows. As the Meadowlands area becomes more developed, there has been a decline in the places that the swallows live. And we need them to help balance the ecosystem by eating swarms of mosquitoes and midges (gnat type bugs) that come to the wetlands as it gets warmer. I fully support and appreciate the time being dedicated to keeping these birds in the area, as I very much dislike bugs of any type, especially mosquitoes. For more information about the environment, go to http://www.meadowlands.state.nj.us/ec/index.cfm


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives