An "informed but informal" place to find real estate information



EXIT 15X - new interchange on Jersey Turnpike


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Secaucus Junction


While driving on the Jersey Turnpike today, I noticed a brand new exit, Exit 15X!! Its the new $250 million Secaucus interchange which provides access to Secaucus Junction, the $600 million commuter rail transfer hub.

Secaucus is one of Hudson County's "best kept secrets"....its about 4 miles from NYC, yet still a small, suburban type town. The commute is easy & inexpensive with options - bus, train (Secaucus Junction, www.secaucusjunction.com )or drive by car. Its across the Hackensack River, a mile away, is the area's sports and entertainment center, The Meadowlands, home of the Giants, and the Meadowlands Race Track.

Secaucus is also the corporate home to many businesses and acts a conveniant distribution center serving NYC and Northern NJ. When I worked for Donna Karan, this is where we had our distribution center, company store and outlet. Of course, there are still many wonderful designer outlets in Secaucus too.

It is also home of broadcast studions for MSNBC and UPN Channel 9 and news bureaus for other networks.

So if you decide to venture out to a different place in Hudson County besides Hoboken, Jersey City or Weehawken, this could be a good choice. Taxes are good because of all the above business and there are lots of new developments happening in town. Contact me if you are interested as I am familiar with the area and current real estate activity.


About me

  • I'm Judy Marciano
  • From Hoboken, NJ, United States
  • Thanks for checking out my blog. I am a full time licensed NJ real estate agent in Hoboken at Empire Realty Group. As I go thru Hudson County each day, often I stop to take a picture. Feel free to contact me for any real estate assistance at jmarciano@empiregroup.com

Previous posts

Archives